
My goodness sakes if I still had the body of a 16 to 18 year old I would probably have a hard time wearing clothes that weren't "fitted". I would do just about anything to have that body again and if I did would want every person out there to know about it. Sad but true. OH Puh-leaz...anyone over 35 feels the same way. So, what does this have to do with my stunningly beautiful teenage daughters you ask? Well they are 16 to 18 with killer bodies, and not so much modesty. Well at least they don't have as much as I or even more than that their Daddy would like for them to have.
One of my girls came down stairs a few days ago with a new "dress" on. It looked to be about a 2T! It was very very small maybe even microscopic. I am being a little dramatic but NOT MUCH!
This will give you some idea...even she thought maybe she shouldn't wear it to school because it was tight and short. Well thank goodness! Sheesh. It looks great as a shirt. Not so much as a dress.
Here's the thing, we have repeatedly stressed the importance of being appropriately dressed. For lots of reasons.
So that they are not looked upon negatively by those of authority, school teachers, administrators, other parents and on and on. They also need to be aware that those clothes draw a certain kind of attention. Whether it is intended that way or not. I don't think they can possibly be ready to deal with the consequences of a man younger or older getting the wrong signal from a clothing choice they may have made. I also think that there is no need for a young girl their age to have clothes that make them feel sexy. The only reason to feel sexy, in my opinion, is to have sex. If I make an effort to feel sexy, it is to benefit my marriage. They don't have one of those (a marriage) so feeling sexy is really a NO NO!~
I think back to when I was in high school and the fashions that were popular. It was during the late 80's. So Madonna, colored reeboks, pegged jeans, 3 izods with the collar flipped up etc. I remember when I got a bunch of O rings at The Marry-go-round and wore them ALL at once...my Mom almost had a nervous breakdown. She said I looked dirty, and unkept. That I looked like I didn't care one bit about how it made my family look. There was NO SKIN in any questionable area showing. No butt crack. No cleavage. No belly button ring. Just bracelets on my wrists, and rings on my fingers~! My goodness.
I can't wait until people tuck their shirts in again and girls are happy leaving just a touch to the imagination. I mean really.
I can't wait until people tuck their shirts in again and girls are happy leaving just a touch to the imagination. I mean really.
Do I sound old fashioned or am I on track?
Sound off, lemme know what you think.

Oh my Amy, I can only imagine the difficulty raising girls today. Good luck!
ReplyDelete